You may be thinking about the product launch that you have scheduled for the summer. It may feel like such a long way off. As distant as it seems, summer will be here before you know it. Start planning now for your product launch needs by getting a head start on your product photography.
Here are some tips:
- Get inspired! Look for inspiration from other product launches. Use Pinterest, Instagram, or other sharing sites to find ideas on the type of photographs you may want to use. Begin compiling a list of possible backgrounds, settings, and props you may need.
- Plan your theme. Will you have a general theme for the launch? Your product photography should support the theme with style, colour, and layout. Your corporate photographer will be able to offer suggestions and tips on how to successfully incorporate your images into the theme of the launch.
- Write a shot list. Develop a list of specific shots you’ll need. Are there particular images you want? Include any action shots, still shots, or others that you must have.
- Consider photo usage. Where will they be used? Will you be doing image teasers on social media leading up to the launch? Are you planning to shoot a video to highlight the product? Make a list of the potential uses for the photographs to discuss with your photographer before the day of the shoot.
- Brainstorm other promotional uses you foresee. Will you be printing t-shirts? How will you use the product images in brochures? Determine the type of packaging that will be used.
- Consider long term uses. Think beyond the launch. What other product photography needs will you have in the future?
When should you contact a photographer?
It can be difficult to know when to call in the professionals. It is important to remember that a product photographer is an expert in helping tell your product’s story, but it’s your job to figure out what the story is.
Once you have a clear idea of the theme and direction of the launch and have a well-developed list of shot ideas, it is essential to discuss your plans with your photographer. At that stage, they can provide insight into ways to support the launch through images. They will be able to help you develop a timeline to ensure your photographs are ready on time.
Product not ready?
A professional product photographer will be able to use a prototype in photos and then digitally replace the image with the finished product later. Remember that it can take 6-8 weeks to receive your images after a photo shoot, so plan accordingly.
Ready to get started on your summer launch product photography? Contact The Donna Santos Studio to schedule a consultation today!